Two award nominations in one week, we are truly humbled-how lucky we have been to receive so much love! I’d like to thank Her American Wild for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award nomination.
Now what does this award mean? The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award is another blogger to blogger award that recognizes the unique voices of women bloggers around the world. Being a proud feminist, I love this award for it’s effort to unite female bloggers in a supportive community.
How To Accept this Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to her site
- Put the Award Logo on your blog
- Answer the ten questions they sent you
- Make up your own 10 questions and nominate up to 7 more recipients.
Ilex of Midwestern Plants and Sally of Hats and Horses. These two ladies were among the first in the blogging community to reach out and interact with me here on Under Open Skies. I absolutely adore their blogs and am grateful to be part of the blogging community with them both. Thank you ladies and if you haven’t yet, I’d like to welcome you into the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers through this award nomination. Feel free to answer to same questions I have below.
- What are your favorite subjects to blog about? Travel, Sustainable Living, Art, and Animals
- Why did you begin to blog? I sprung from my day job in 2014 to pursue a career as an artist. I now operate two successful business, Under Open Skies (Art by Medium/Self Reliance) and Playfully Refined (Pet Portraits). The blogs I manage with these businesses offer me an opportunity to share and connect with a community of amazing individuals.
- What are the lyrics to your life? Ooo, this is a difficult one because it changes as my life evolves. Sitting on the Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding has been a constant favorite, but right now it is Heroes (Vocal Mix) by Cazzette.
- If you had a super power, what would it be? Telekinesis (the ability to move objects with my mind) like a Jedi. I’ve given this a lot of thought over the course of my life.
- Where is the one place you’d like to visit the most and why? Australia, I have been obsessed with the idea of traveling there ever since I watched The Silver Stallion: King of the Wild Brumbies as a child.
- What’s your favorite pair of shoes in your closet? My riding boots, lol, I even wrote a blog post about them!
- What is your favorite drink? Hot tea with honey
- Describe your idea of a perfect day. Waking up at sunrise to do yoga in my garden, drinking a cup of tea and then taking the dogs for a walk. Enjoying the blue skies while out riding my horse, then returning home to do some artwork and blogging. Finally wrapping up the evening with a tasty adult beverage around the fire pit with great friends watching the sunset and stars appear.
- Who makes you smile? Anyone I meet with a warm open heart and animals–I am normally running around with a big smile on my face!
- What blogger inspires you most? This is a difficult one too. I am inspired by every blogger I follow, but right now Gone with the Wynns has been a major inspiration. They are a husband and wife team traveling the world via RV.